How to change flight in Emirates Airlines.
Emirates Airlines permits flight change through different methods such as Online by visiting the website, offline by calling the toll-free number, Emirates ticket counter or by the Travel Agents. These methods are described below for the convenience of the passengers.
Emirates Airlines flight change through the online method
- Through any web browser visit the official site of the Airlines, www.emirates.com.
- Log in to the account to proceed further.
- Then, go to the 'Manage Booking' section and click on it.
- Next, provide details of the Booking number and the last name of the passenger to the respective field.
- Continue by clicking on the 'Retrieve Reservation' tab to proceed further.
- Then select the booking that needs to be changed
- Finally follow the instructions to complete the change flight process provided on the screen.
Thus by following the above steps changes in flight can be done online.
Emirates Airlines flight change through an offline method.
To make changes in the flight, Emirates Airlines provides a toll-free number for the convenience of its passengers. This toll-free number 1-855-284-6735 is available 24/7 and the representatives handling the calls will assist in every possible way in change of flight.
Emirates Airlines flight change through the ticket counter.
According to the terms and conditions of Emirates Airlines, changes in flight can also be done by visiting the airport counter or by the self-kiosk system. In both the methods, if there is any problem relating to flight change then the representatives present at the airport will assist in every possible way.
Emirates Airlines 24 Hour Policy
The Emirates Airlines 24-hour policy states that if changes in flights are made within 24 hours of the purchase then, no charges are levied upon the ticket bearers by the Emirates Airlines. Whereas, under the policy, it also states that if changes are made after 24 hours of the initial purchase then a certain amount of charge is levied upon the passenger.
Changes permitted by Emirates Airlines
Following are the changes that can be made by the passengers of Emirates Airlines.
- Change of date and time of the flights can be initiated by the ticket bearer.
- Alteration of the place of origin and the destination as per the choice of the passenger.
- Addition or removal of stopovers.
- Changing the route from a round-trip to one-way trip.
- Change of preferred cabins from Economy Class to Business class.
- Cancellation of a part of the itinerary as desired by the passenger.
These changes can be initiated through 'Change My Booking Link' under 'Manage Bookings'. This link is available only if the ticket purchased is eligible for online changes. Depending on the fare conditions of the tickets, the fee is levied upon the passengers. For changes that can not be done online, visit the Emirates ticket counter or to the Travel Agent through which the ticket was originally booked.
Despite the above changes permitted by the Airlines, other changes are also allowed which are listed below.
- Choosing a preferred seat or
- Requesting for a special meal or
- Adding a frequent flyer number or
- Alteration of contact details or
- Opting for the Chauffeur-drive booking (which is permissible for eligible itineraries only).
- When changes are made to an Emirates Skywards rewards booking on a partner Airline, the Rewards Change form should be filled.
Looking out for better feedback from its passengers, Emirates Airlines has chosen to provide these facilities to passengers.
Ways to avoid paying excess to Emirates Airlines for the flight change.
- The passenger must cancel the ticket within 24 hours of purchase.
- The changes to the tickets should be done within 60 days.
- Opt for Add-on or purchase a Flexible fare.
- Progress with the change in flight on the same day if possible.
- View for any scheduled changes.
- Then plead for the case.
- Finally, Elite status will help.
Thus, these steps will help in paying less to Emirates Airlines during the flight change process.
Emirates Airlines flight change fee
Under the policy of Emirates Airlines, the Airlines charges a certain amount of fees for flight changes according to the type of tickets purchased by the passenger. Any changes made to the itinerary may result in the higher fare when compared to the original ticket will be charged by the Airlines.