Travel plans may change at any time, so Etihad Airways has a set of terms and conditions regarding flight cancellation. Etihad flight cancellation policy is available for the customers who wish to cancel flight tickets on Etihad Airways. It is always recommended to read the Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation policy very carefully before making any modifications or cancellation of your ticket.
Etihad Airways is known to have very user-friendly rules and regulations and the same applies to Etihad Airways flight cancellation policy. It is advised to read the terms and conditions of the flight cancellation before making any changes to your bookings because once cancelled or changed can not be reversed back.
Etihad Airways 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
If you have booked your ticket to/from the United States on Etihad from any Etihad Airways point of sale in the United States then you are entitled to get a full refund if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of ticket booking and at least 7 days prior to departure. Your full refund without charging the Etihad cancellation fee will be processed within 7 days of making a refund request.
If you wish to make any change within 24 hours then you will not be charged any penalty but will have to pay any difference in the fare. If the change has lower fare then you will be refunded back the fare difference.
If you cancel your ticket beyond 24 hours of booking then you will be charged a penalty for doing so.
Etihad Airways Refund Policy
The simplest way to cancel or change your booking on Etihad Airways is to go to its official website and select the “Manage My Bookings” option. You can make changes to your flight for up to 2 hours before the flight departure. No matter whether you booked a Deal, Classic, Saver or Flex, your fare will determine if the change rule will be applied to your ticket or not and also the cancellation fee if any. Therefore, always check your fare before making any changes or cancellations
Here are some points to note before making a refund request
1. Check if your ticket is refundable or not. Also, keep in mind that your ticket should be unused and should not be exchanged.
2. Your booking must be before 5 days of the scheduled departure.
3. The single card must be used to purchase the bookings.
4. Once done, The cancellation can not be reversed.
5. All refunds will be made according to the fare of your ticket.
6. Refunds may take up to 14 to 30 business days to reflect in your bank statement or card statement.
7. Refunds will be made automatically to the original mode of payments made for the booking.
Etihad Airways Change/Cancellation Fee
1. There may be a change or cancellation fee levied on your ticket depending on the fare and route of the ticket you booked.
2. If you booked multiple fares then very restrictive fare rules will be applied.
3. Any changes or cancellations made within 96 hours of your flight departure will be eligible for an additional 10% fee of your original ticket.
4. In any unfortunate event such as the death of a guest or any immediate family member, you will not be charged any cancellation or change fee from your refund amount. However, you will need to provide official documents to prove it.
5. If you miss your flight then you will be charged a no show fee as well as change fee.
Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation Compensation
If a flight is cancelled due to Etihad Airways (subject to eligibility rules and exceptions) or you are involuntarily denied from boarding a flight then you are entitled to get compensation from the Etihad Airways as follows:
- For all flights of 3500km or less, you will get €uro 400.
- For all flights more than 3500 km, you will get €uro 600.
However, the compensation mentioned above will be reduced to 50% if the Etihad Airways is able to offer you with a rerouting flight alternatively on another flight. Moreover, the arrival time of the new flight does not exceed by 3 hours for all flights of 3500km or less, booked originally. Similarly, the arrival time of rerouted flights should not exceed 4 hours for all flights of 3500km or more, from the arrival time of flights booked originally.