Delta is one of the leading airlines in the United States and operates a wide range of domestic and international flights. These are extensively preferred for optimum service as well as customer-oriented features.
If due to any reason you cancel your Delta flight, this is highly recommended that you shall obtain complete information about the cancellation policy in detail before continuing.
Delta Cancellation 24 Hours
Paying attention to passenger needs and circumstances, Delta offers a 24-hour cancellation policy. It provides passengers with the flexibility and benefits when managing bookings.
Delta’s 24-hour booking cancellation policy permits all passengers to cancel a flight booked with Delta within 24 hours of the purchase of a ticket. The airline will refund the full ticket fare if the flight is booked at least one week prior to the scheduled flight date.
If the passenger cancels the flight a few hours before the flight departs and the flight is booked within a week, the airline will require a fine to be paid which is entirely dependent on the airline fare rules.
Delta Online Flight Cancellation Policy
Delta offers the possibility to cancel your flight online without any problems. In addition, passengers can request a refund online by completing the refund request form.
- Refunds will only be offered for eligible flight tickets cancelled within the validity period. No refund will be provided after the ticket has expired.
- Refund requests may take longer to process and may be approved within 7-10 business days.
- Delta Airlines will provide compensation to passengers who book their next flight if cancelled for unavoidable reasons by the airline. Therefore, you can easily cancel your flight and get a Delta refund.
Applicable Fee For Cancellation
Delta also offers cancellation fees for both domestic and international flights. If you do not know the cancellation fee for Delta on international flights, follow these steps:
- If a ticket cancellation request is made 24 hours later as a risk-free cancellation, a $ 200- $ 500 cancellation fee will apply.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of your scheduled departure date, you will be charged a $ 200- $ 400 cancellation fee. After canceling a plane ticket, you can also make a cancellation request.
For more information about Delta’s cancellation policy, always contact a competent Delta cancellation number to assist passengers. You can also get instructions for canceling your flight or requesting a refund simply by dialing the delta airlines reservations.
Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy
Most tickets allow you to change flight time, date or destination for up to 24 hours of your flight scheduled departure. You should go through the Same-day Ticket Changes rules before making any changes within 24 hours of your flight departure. After the Risk-Free Cancellation period, changes are not allowed for certain fare tickets like Basic Economic Fare.
Steps to Change A Non-Refundable Ticket
You can make changes to your non-refundable tickets by paying Delta Airlines Change fee starting from $200-500 depending on the difference in the price of flight and destination you want to travel. To make changes you need to:
- Log in to your Delta account and click on My Trips
- Choose the flight you want to change
- Tap on “Modify Flight”
- Tap on “Start Flight Change”
- Select new flight
- Proceed to check out and pay the change fee and fare difference if any.
- Get your ticket confirmation.
Steps To Change A Refundable Ticket
A refundable ticket allows you to make changes to your flight without having to pay any change fee. However, you should note that your ticket meets all ticket rules and fare rules criteria and also that seats are available on your desired flight. If the price of the ticket that you want to change is increased then you need to pay the difference in the price of new fare from the original fare. To make changes you must:
Delta Domestic Flight Change Fee
You will have to pay a $200 ticket change fee for Delta marketed flights for travel between the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The refund amount can be used to purchase your new ticket.
Delta International Flight Change Fee
For international flights, the change fee starts from $200 and can go beyond depending on the destination of your travel, time duration of your travel and fare type.
Delta Award Ticket Change
If you have a Delta Award Ticket and want to make changes to it then make sure to make changes before 72 hours or more before your flight departure. Moreover, you need to pay a reissue fee of $150 to make any changes to your ticket. This change fee is not charged for Diamond and Platinum Medallion members.
Submit your review
hello my name is mack I want to cancel my flight but I don't know how do I cancel online