There may be many reasons to cancel your British airways flight but canceling a ticket may turn into a nightmare if you are not aware of the British airways cancellation policy. But worry not, if you have purchased a British Airways ticket and want to cancel it then here you will get all your information on British Airways flight cancellation policy.
All the tickets purchased on British Airways come with their own terms and conditions and you should read that very carefully to avoid any misunderstanding. British Airways cancellation policy for its flights is different for every ticket according to the fare paid against it.
British Airways 24 hours Cancellation Policy
As per the British Airways cancellation policy, If you made a “flight only” booking on British Airways then you are eligible to cancel your ticket and get a full refund only if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking the ticket and the scheduled departure of the ticket purchased is more than a week. You can cancel your tickets that are booked directly on ba.com on the website itself or you can call the British Airways cancellation team to help you cancel your ticket.
According to the British Airways cancellation policy, the flight cancellation rules and regulations are different for tickets canceled beyond 24 hours of booking.
British Airways Policy On Cancelled Flights
British Airways has always been proud of its timely services and makes sure that its customers reach their destinations on time but unfortunately, flight delays or cancellation may sometimes occur because of some unavoidable reasons. For this, the British Airways cancellation refund policy is very simple and easy to understand.
- The British airways cancellation policy states that If a flight cancellation occurs due to British Airways then they will reissue a seat onto another British Airways flight without charging any money. You can, however, change the time and date of the flight as per your convenience.
- If a customer does not wish to continue their travel on the rescheduled flight then they can get a full refund of their ticket including taxes towards the original mode of payment.
- If your reservation includes a connecting British Airways flight then you get an option to change the non-canceled flight at the same time.
- If you are eligible for any refund then British Airways will refund you directly to your original form of payment.
British Airways Refund Policy
As the British airways cancellation policy highlights, you may be entitled to a refund for any ticket not used at all or partially traveled British Airways ticket depending on the fare type of the ticket you purchased.
- All the tickets booked on ba.com or by calling British Airways team, you can cancel tickets directly by visiting ba.com and clicking on “Manage My Booking”.
- For tickets bought through a travel agent or company, you need to contact the travel agent for any refund. They may charge extra for this service.
- The refund amount will depend on the fare type of the ticket purchased. You will see this amount as you proceed to cancel your ticket.
- Each ticket has its own fare conditions which may include some refund restrictions, non-refundable, non- changeable, etc. There is no uniform British airways cancellation fee or change fee on any of the British airways flights.
- You can check the all terms and conditions of the British airways cancellation policy mentioned on your ticket before booking or canceling it.
- You will not get any refund if you simply email the British Airways. You must call or go to Manage My Booking to request a refund.
British Airways Flexible Ticket Refund Policy
For any flexible ticket on British Airways, getting a refund is very easy. As per the British airways cancellation policy, the flexible ticket allows you to cancel your ticket anytime 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure and get a refund without the inclusion of British airways cancellation fee. The flexible ticket is costly compared to any non-flexible ticket on British Airways because of the option to get refunds anytime and also the British airways cancellation fee is not applicable with this. You are eligible to get a full refund. British Airways cancellation policy for business class comes under the flexible ticket refund policy.
British Airways Holiday Cancellation Policy
When you book a holiday package on the British Airways you are entitled to follow its terms and conditions as per the British airways cancellation policy.
- To make any changes or cancel your holiday package you need to contact the local customer service of British Airways. You can not make any modifications online on ba.com.
- If you want to cancel only one ticket from your package then you will be refunded back the amount of single ticket after deducting applicable British airways cancellation fee for the individual ticket.
- If you wish to reduce the days of the holiday package then you may not be eligible to do so. You need to call the helpline team to check your eligibility to change your plan.
- If you are eligible to make any changes then you will be required to pay any extra amount as change fee incurred by the suppliers of the services like hotels, cars, etc. British Airways may charge a cancellation fee or amendment or change fee as applicable according to the airfare purchased.
British Airways Avios Cancellation Policy
Avios is the reward points that you can collect by joining the British Airways Executive Club membership. You get reward points or Avios when you fly with British Airways or its partner airlines or rent a car, book a hotel, book a holiday or avail any services provided by the British Airways or its partners.
You can spend these Avios to purchase flight tickets, upgrade your fare, car rentals or hotel stays or holiday packages and many other services.
However, you may need to cancel your Avios reservations due to some reasons. Therefore, here is the detailed information about the British airways cancellation policy for Avios.
- The British Airways cancellation fee/charges for the Avios depend on the region of your departure.
- If your departure is from Europe then a fee of EUR42.50 is charged in the name of British airways cancellation fee.
- You must also pay an additional EUR15 as a service charge for making any changes or cancellations.
- If departing from the USA, a fee of USD55 is charged in the name of British airways cancellation fee and an additional USD25 as service charge.
- Bookings and service fees are applicable to per person per ticket.
If you still need any clarity in regards to the British airways cancellation policy, British airways cancellation fee, and so forth, then just give a call to the British airways cancellation team and get all the information within a few minutes.